Friday, February 02, 2007

Mail from Stephanie B!

I got this letter in the mail the other day from Stephanie from Camp G - San Francisco. I wonder if they make wetsuits in my size? -RC

Happy New Year, Rubber Chicken!

I just got the pictures developed from our surf trip to Chacala, Mexico for New Year’s 2007. Remember that overhead wave that you caught? It was epic – and was maybe even double overhead (though being your height, that’s not too hard to do)! I had so much fun with you, hanging out on the beach, building sandcastles in the sand, and of course, taking the ponga boats to the surf break. We even had a chance to practice our Spanish. Nosotros apprendimos espanol poco a poco! Hopefully there will be some campers this summer who can help us practice our Spanish, too!

Remember how warm the water was in Mexico, too? The water in San Francisco right now is definitely a lot colder than it was in Mexico, that’s for sure. I wonder if the temperature affects whether the surfboard goes slower or faster over the water? That would be a great question for our campers to experiment with in Ocean Explorers this summer, don’t you think? Well, we’ll definitely have to get you a wetsuit soon so you can surf at Ocean Beach with me this summer. Now that I think of it, the wetsuit will probably come in handy at Camp G San Francisco this summer as well, especially during Water Olympics! “Brrrr, it’s cold in here, must be that Camp G in the atmosphere…”. Remember chanting that last summer?

Well, I’ll leave you with happy, warm thoughts for this summer at Camp G! I can’t wait to see all of the campers from last summer…and to meet all of our new campers as well. Hasta luego, mi amigo!

- stephanie b*
Camp G Camp Director, San Francisco



Blog Archive