Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day! (featuring Mail from Vince)

They say funny things sometimes, but I've always liked those little candy hearts you get this time of year. "Email me" is probably my favorite. As you can see below, I love email! -RC

Dear Rubber Chicken,

Here it is Valentine’s Day. I hope you received my card? I wanted to say how much I miss last summer! I just got a call today from a parent asking us if we were going to be back at Belmont again and I said ….OF COURSE!

We need to hear what all of the campers have been up to and teach them all of our new games and activities! As for me, I have been exploring my home town of San Francisco. I’ve been keeping it local by biking in Golden Gate Park and helping to build the community Frisbee Golf course. It’s so awesome to be a part of it because the whole course was planned, funded and built by volunteers!

I saw Camp Director Stephanie and you were going to go out to Ocean Beach, we should join up! I’ve been surfing at my local beach too. It’s great you’re already made out of rubber. That should keep you warm. I got a new wetsuit this year so I’m ready to go.

Speaking of new, since I last saw you I’ve started teaching a new fourth grade class. They are really excited when I tell them Camp Galileo stories. I hope you get to meet them! One thing that is nice is that I get to see them for nine months. I wish we could teach our campers for that long! How cool would that be, a Camp G School!

Your adventures sound amazing. I can’t wait to talk about them in person.

See you soon,
Your pal,
Vince (Camp Director - Belmont)

Blog Archive